Saturday, July 15, 2017

Some July Inspiration - Two Layouts to Share
By Di Garling


Hello there lovelies. thanks for stopping by the blog.
Today I have two layouts to share with you. The first features my grandson Henry.
He is getting cuter every day !


2Crafty Chipboard Used..
Caution Cute Kids at Play - title
Chain Circle Frames
Bubble Clumps
Mini Fast Forward Arrows 

I have based my layout on the July challenge over at



 I have used this chippie title, "Caution Cute Kids at Play".
I just snipped off the "S" off the end of kids & cut the "at play" off also.
I always love altering my chipboard pieces !!

I painted this title with "Silks Paint in Teal Zircon".


Next up I used some of the "Bubble Clumps" in between 
my layers & some "Mini Fast Forward Arrows"
which I simply coloured black with an ink pad.

I also used one of the frames from the "Chain Circle Frames" set & I painted 
this in a metallic acrylic paint called "Gunmetal". A great metal looking paint. 


 A little mixed media on my background using some Lindy's Stamp Gang 
"Time Teal Travel" Magicals & some "Grab A Guy Gold Spray",
some stamping & some Prills & acrylic dots.


All finished !!


For my second layout today I have gone for a girly fantasy theme.

"Love"... Fairies

For my second layout I have taken inspiration from another two online challenges
& I have created a fantasy fairy layout. I found this photo on Pinterest & just had to use it !!

 2Crafty Chipboard Used....
Angel Wings
Scroll Set #3
Fine Word Set #1
Ariel's Spray

Challenges by Mixed Media Place & 13arts Challenges.


 After first doing my mixed media background I started on  my chipboard.
I firstly basecoated everything with white paint.

Here you can see I used the word "LOVE" for my title from 2Crafty's
"Fine Word Set #1". I painted this with some Silks Key Lime paint.


Here you can see the gorgeous "Angel Wings" that I brushed on some 
Lindy's Stamp Gang "Sassy Saphire" Magicals. I also added some 
sparkles to them to make them stand out. Hard to see that in the photo!!


 Across the top of my layout you can see the "Ariel's Spray" which I gave a coat of 
Crackle medium followed by some Lindy's Stamp Gang "Sassy Saphire" Magicals. 


 I just adore those angel wings stuck onto the photo like this !!


Lastly I finished off with a scroll from the Scroll Set #3 along the right
side of my layout which I treated the same as I did the title word.
Ooops I never mean't to totally cover it with my flowers though !! 

If you would like to visit my blog....

Well thats all from me for another month.
Until next time.